Gender Budgeting in Myanmar
2018-2020, funded by the International Development Research Center (ICRC) Canada. PI: Khin Ma Ma Myo, MIGS; with Theodora-Ismene Gizelis, University of Essex, and Paul Minoletti, Yangon.
Civilian Agency and Civilian Protection in Myanmar and South Sudan
2018-2020, funded by the Folke Bernadotte Academy (Sweden) and the Transnational Configurations, Conflict and Governance Research Group (TCCG) in the Department of Political Science at the University of Amsterdam
- Krause, Jana. Stabilisation and Local Conflicts. (Working Paper).
Gender Dimensions of Social Conflict, Armed Violence and Peacebuilding
2014-2017, funded by the Swiss Research for Development (r4d) Programme (CHF 1.500’000), based at the Graduate Institute Geneva. Co-PIs Elisabeth Pruegl (IHEID), Rahel Kunz (Uni Lausanne), Joy Onyesoh (WILPF), Wening Udasmoro (UGM Yogyakarta), Jana Krause (IHEID/King’s College London).
- Krause, Jana. Gender Dimensions of (Non)-Violence in Communal Conflict: The Case of Jos, Nigeria. Comparative Political Studies (conditionally accepted).
- Krause, Jana, Werner Krause and Piia Braenfors. Women’s Participation in Peace Negotiations and the Durability of Peace. International Interactions (online before print), (with Werner Krause and Piia Braenfors).
- Krause, Jana and Cynthia Enloe. (2015). A Wealth of Expertise and Lived Experience: Conversations between International Women Peace Activists at the ‘Women Lead to Peace Summit’ preceding the Geneva II Peace Talks on Syria, January 2014. International Feminist Journal of Politics 17:2.
- Krause, Jana. (2015). Revisiting Protection from Conflict-Related Sexual Violence: Actors, Victims, and Power. In: Gizelis, T-I. and L. Olsson (eds): A Systematic Understanding of Gender, Peace and Security: Implementing UNSCR1325. Routledge Studies in Peace and Conflict Resolution Series. 2015
- Gizelis, Theodora-Ismene and Jana Krause. (2015). Gender Equality and Post-Conflict Reconstruction: Revisiting Gender Mainstreaming in Research and Policy. In: Gizelis, T-I. and L. Olsson (eds): A Systematic Understanding of Gender, Peace and Security: Implementing UNSCR 1325. Routledge Studies in Peace and Conflict Resolution Series. 2015.
From Social Conflict to Social Resilience
2013-2014, Early Career Fellowship funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation. Hosted by King’s College London, Department of War Studies, Conflict, Security and Development Research Group.
- Krause, Jana. (2018). Resilient Communities: Non-Violence and Civilian Agency in Communal War. Cambridge University Press.
- Krause, Jana. (2016). Non-Violence and Civilian Agency in Communal War: Evidence from Jos, Nigeria. African Affairs.