Krause, Jana. 2018. Resilient Communities: Non-Violence and Civilian Agency in Communal War. Cambridge University Press.
- 2019 Book Prize Winner: Lee Ann Fujii Award for Innovation in the Interpretive Study of Political Violence, Interpretive Methodologies and Methods (IMM) Conference Group of the American Political Science Association, sponsored by Routledge/Taylor & Francis Group
- 2019 Book Prize Runner-Up: Conflict Research Society Book of the Year Award
Krause, Jana, Juan Masullo, Emily Paddon Rhoads and Jennifer Welsh (eds). Civilian Protective Agency in Violent Settings. Under contract with Oxford University Press.
Articles and Invited Contributions
(Selection – see CV for full list) |
Most articles and chapters are available online via the links below. If not, please email me for an electronic copy: jana.krause(at)stv.uio.no
Krause, Jana. 2021. Ethics of Ethnographic Methods in Conflict Zones. Journal of Peace Research, 58:3, 329-341.
Krause, Jana and Louise Olsson. Forthcoming. Women’s Participation in Peace Processes. In MacGinty, Roger and Anthony Wanis-St.John (eds): Contemporary Peacemaking: Conflict, Violence and Peace Processes. Palgrave Macmillan.
Krause, Jana. 2020. Women, Peace and Security: Prevention and Resolution of Communal Conflicts. Joint Brief Series ‘New Insights on Women, Peace and Security (WPS) for the Next Decade’, Folke Bernadotte Academy, Peace Research Institute Oslo and UN Women.
Crippa, Lorenzo, Theodora-Ismene Gizelis, Jana Krause and Paul Minoletti. 2020. Differences in Citizens’ Budget Preferences in Myanmar: Evidence from a New Survey. Myanmar Institute of Gender Studies, forthcoming.
Krause, Jana. 2020. Restrained or Constrained? Elections, Communal Conflicts and Variation in Sexual Violence. Journal of Peace Research 57:1, 185-198 .
- 2020 Nils Petter Gleditsch Article of the Year Award, Journal of Peace Research
Krause, Jana. 2019. Stabilization and Local Conflicts: Communal and Civil War in South Sudan. Ethnopolitics, 18:5, 478-493.
Krause, Jana. 2019. Gender Dimensions of (Non)Violence in Communal Conflict: The Case of Jos, Nigeria. Comparative Political Studies, 52:10, 1466-499. | Ethics & Methods Appendix
Chappuis, Fairlie and Jana Krause. 2019. Ethics and Research Dilemmas in Dangerous Places: Exploring Security Actors, Institutions and Practices in Conflict-Affected Countries. In Marieke de Goede, Polly Pallister-Wilkins and Esme Bosma: Secrecy and Methods in Security Research. London: Routledge.
Krause, Jana, Werner Krause and Piia Braenfors. 2018. Women’s Participation in Peace Negotiations and the Durability of Peace. International Interactions, 44:6, 985-1016. | Replication Data | Policy Brief
Krause, Jana. 2017. Non-Violence and Civilian Agency in Communal War: Evidence from Jos, Nigeria. African Affairs,116 (463): 261-283.
Krause, Jana. 2015. Revisiting Protection from Conflict-Related Sexual Violence: Actors, Victims and Power. In: Gizelis, T-I. and L. Olsson (eds): Gender, Peace and Security: Implementing UNSCR 1325. Routledge 2015.
Krause, Jana and Cynthia Enloe. 2015. A Wealth of Expertise and Lived Experience: Conversations between International Women Peace Activists at the Women Lead to Peace Summit preceding the Geneva II Peace Talks on Syria, January 2014. International Feminist Journal of Politics, 17:2.
Gizelis, Theodora-Ismene and Jana Krause. 2015. Gender Equality and Post-Conflict Reconstruction: Revisiting Gender Mainstreaming in Research and Policy. In: Gizelis, T-I. and L. Olsson (eds): Gender, Peace and Security: Implementing UNSCR 1325. Routledge, 2015 (with Theodora-Ismene Gizelis).
Work in progress
- Krause, Jana and Erin Kamler. Civilian Ceasefire Monitoring and Civilian Protection in Myanmar. Paper presented at the Comparative Institutions and Regimes Working Group, Department of Political Science, University of Oslo, September 2020.
- Krause, Jana. Protective Civilian Agency in War: Emergence, Repertoires, Impact and Legacies. Paper presented at the ‘Politicologenetmaal’ (Dutch annual political science association meeting), June 2017.